I knew she was wrong…

I knew she was wrong, the words printed on the box said “Do Not Microwave”, but she insisted she had done it before.

I don’t know why it happened, what special kind of paper was used, but the left over Greek food and the folded white box it was in started to smolder after the timer turned from 1:58 to 1:57.

I sat there, watching. I had tried to talk her out of it, and when the timer changed from 0:39 to 0:38 the first flame appeared. It was then, as the blue and orange flames licked the white interior of the appliance, leaving a very visible scorch mark, that I turned around to let her know we were having pizza for dinner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *